Good source for comparing equipment pricing and specs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by alldayrj, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I guess we will just disagree. I am not sure why, but I guess we do.

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I think resale is important unless the performance of one machine is much greater than the other, you plan on running the machine into the ground or never plan on selling it. It could actually end up being one of the biggest owning expenses on a machine with poor resale value. Most owner operators sell their machines while they still have value in them. If two different brands are bought at the same time and sold at the same time the machine with higher resale is a much better deal, particularly if the performance is equal. If there was no value in resale, dealers wouldn't look at remarketing equipment so seriously.

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I'm buying. Not selling. Move on

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Name a few examples (besides MTL machines) where the reslae value was bad enough too actually matter.

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Tl26, Tl126, Tl130, Tl230 In oreder of release.

6. alldayrj

Lets not. Lets post good sources to compare specs on different makes and models of track machines

7. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Linkbelt excavators
    Komatsu skids & motor graders
    Mustang/Gehl skids and minis
    Thomas skids and minis
    JCB almost anything
    Allmand Bros backhoes
    skytrak
    Lull
    Gradall
    Cub Cadet vs Kubota/Kioti
    Terex backhoes/minis/articulated trucks

Basically anything with a poor brand equity in the market. They all dig a hole or move material arguably as good as the more well known brands; however, their resale is poor and this affects the operating cost.

8. alldayrj

One of the biggest dealers by me is gehl, it's all relative. I live on an island

ANYWAY

The dealer called me and said they would sell their tak tl 230 series two for 39000 with 400 hours on it. Has cab ac heat hi flo quick tach etc. they are a loegering dealer but will not sell me vts since "they aren't proven". Waiting to see what they offer me for the gehl even though I don't want to sell it. I'm also assuming they have room to move on that price a little

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

TL130, MTL16 and not sure what the Gehl version is? I really don't see any benefit to buy a brand new track loader, especially for a second machine when there are still low houred machines floating around.

I'm not understanding what AWJ is arguing against with the resale? We spend too much on these machines for it not to be considered?

10. alldayrj

we can argue resale until we are blue in the face in another thread.

I'm with you stuve, but I like the idea of buying from a dealer unless its a screaming private sale deal. they will extend taks 2000 hr/2 year warranty to me. Also I feel like it would be my primary machine. I could finance part of it so I dont feel the huge pinch and have a tire machine for load/unload at the yard and snow, demo, jobs with lots of pavement etc. The gehl is paid for 3 times over with only 750 hours so I will most likely keep it.

you wan to talk about resale? what can i get for my 1994 mustang 940 with forks, bucket, exc attachment and a hour meter broken at 1600 hrs(10 years ago). oh yea, it doesnt have the standard QA plate :(