Good source for comparing equipment pricing and specs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by alldayrj, Jun 6, 2013.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Where talking about skid steers. Gehls have a great resale here. Thomas is out of buisness so not really applicable and Komatsu does okay here. I will agree on JCB.

2. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

My apologies. I thought you were talking about the value of resale in general. You are correct that resale values change by geographic region. Gehl has good resale in your area, but Case does not. It's the opposite in my area.

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

My point was too establish an aactual number for bad resale value in percentages. If a Case costs 50k and reslaes at 3 years for 25 k then thats 50% loss. If a comparable gehl model sells for 20 k at 3 years but it's intial cost was lower than the actual resale value is decievingly less. I just do not see machines that there values are out of line on resale except for MTL machines in regards too initial cost. If Gehls have a lower resale than I would love too see actual numbers in relation too a case including initial purchase price.

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I'm buying a 2 year old 6' Harley rake tomorrow for 3500. Wonder how that worked into his resale plan.

5. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Gehl's equivalent to the Tak 130/230 is the CTL60 and 65. I've seen the Tak Tl130 loaded/ac etc. with double digit hours for low $30k price range.

Gehl's and Mustang's version often bring 10 to 15% less just because they aren't red and gray, but that appears to be changing here lately with the shrinking availability of good used/low hr. machines. More and more of them are getting shipped overseas.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Are referencing my resale plan?

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

As long as my work pays for the machine over 3 years resale doesn't mean anything to me. I always get hosed and reselling and always will. But I don't mind as long as I turned a profit over the machine cost

I would be more worried about resale for private use and just to have shiny machines every 3 years
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. AWJ Services

from Ga

My point exactly.

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Your resale factors into your hourly owning and operating cost whether your work pays for your machine in three years or you like it or not. It's a simple fact of opportunity cost and the math doesn't lie.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

No, the guy I got it from