1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good Start in 2005

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mownredneck, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. They own a landscaping Biz. and are fixin to move to Fl. They gave me their acc. 4 year-rounds, and 3 mulch/shrub jobs. He has a bob-cat walkbehind and wants me to maintain their yard while they are gone and trade out the main. for the mower. I was looking to buy one this year. God has been really good to me! Whenever I need something, It always gets provided for me. Just wanted to share my excitment. Let me know what yall think!
  2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think your Blessed.
  3. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

thats a nice little deal you got worked out of that

you got those contracts for free from your friend.....even most my friends would want something
  4. mownredneck

They got the better deal. The reason they gave them up is they are working for this one guy who is felthy rich! Their truck went out and the guy bought them a brand spaken new one, he is paying for their insurance, took them on a cruise and is going to buy land in florida and is going to give them a peice of that land to build a house on.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was all set to go on a new account. it was for weekly maintenance and new mulch (12 yards). I was calling back to find out what color of mulch the decided on cause i was at the place to get it. she then tells me that they found someone cheaper than me to do everything. by bid on mulch was $575 for all labor delivery and product. which is VERY reasonable in my area. at the time she even told me that i was about $60 cheaper than who did it last year. the same with mowing, i was $10 cheaper.

It just goes to show you how cheap ppl are, ESPECIALLY doctors! I can't believe some ppl can work for such low amounts!
  6. mownredneck

I hate people like that! Who do they think they are? That really pisses me off. The way I see it if their gonna be like that then I dont need them.
  7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

At least I found this out early about this person.

The main thing that pissed me off was that she never bothered to call me and tell me she didn't want me to do it. What the hell was i gonna do with all that mulch if I already had it?
  8. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Last year,had a ladyline me up to mulch and fertilize on a FRI.....cancelled on thur.,said her brother was going to do it!...Rode by later and till this day it still has not been done.....cheaper ain't always better! :waving:
  9. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

thats great! I am a witness of the provision of the LORD. :angel:
  10. mownredneck

You mean to tell me you rode up to her house with a load of mulch!? I'd be really mad.