good stick edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 20, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

are all stick edgers heavy? i bought the edger the attachment for my split boom red max, and it does a great job, but it's just too damn heavy. i wanted a stick edger so it could be fast, take up less room, and be more convenient. this thing is a bear. i may as well just carry my usual edger. are there any stick edgers that are light, easy to handle, and do a good job?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i like the echo 1 sure u could look up the weight on the web site
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, if YOUR boney arms have no problem, i'm sure i'll have no problem. bent shaft or straight?
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

light and good just don't work together. Stihl does an acceptable job and its not to heavy. Even for my boney arms.
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl 4-mix, excellent piece of machinery. Powers thought over growth along sidewalks.Lots of low end torque.The 4-mix is probably heavier then the old two cycle model it replaced.They all are light to me, But I ain't running them the employees do, and they say the 4-mix model differently is heavier then it's two cycle counterpart.If weight is factor,there are other brands lighter then the Stihl
  6. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've got to promote my Shindaiwa LE261 Edger. Its by no means too heavy. It ways about the same as my trimmers and seems to be very good on gas. Its a very sturdy piece of equipment. I guess it depends on your dealers. You know what I'm sayin' dogg. I keeps it real yo!
  7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki makes a nice edger. I use an older Echo 240 and I have no problems with the weight. My 5'6" 125lb wife uses the Kawasaki and loves it. You should be able to handle either one. LOL Matt
  8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

stihl fc85 does a pretty good job and is pretty light. It does drink a lot of gas though.
  9. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Echo PE-260's here.

Not too heavy at all and tons of torque and power.
  10. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

Echo PE3100 30.5cc engine 17 lbs. dry. With fuel 18lbs? Newer model is PE311. Biggest one they make, lots of power. Too heavy?? It has a wheel and rolls on the ground!