1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GOOD story of lawn care wanna be!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Jerry Lee, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

this dude comes to work with us one day and i was the crew chief at the time. Well any way myself, this newbie, and two other guys that i have been workin with go to mow home depot. Well to get conversation started i ask if the guy has done this before and he ashures me he has, claiming he worked for a large company but he cant remember the name. and i ask him if he knows how to use a ZTR, and his response is yea i can weed eat!:laugh: I was just like awesome dude!! Than after we harass him he finds out that a ZTR is a mower. So he starts telling me he has used a tara mower, and i was baffled than i finally realize he meant Toro!! So i let him carry on with his non sense; and he starts telling me how bad he had it at the old place he worked having to check the spark plug gap every day in every piece of equipment. and i just kept taking this dudes BS holding back laughter.:laugh:. so any way we get to home depot and this fella is an older gentle man and i feel kind enough to see if this moron could sit on his butt and mow. He couldnt even start the mower, but he claimed he used to mow huge 60 acre fields a week ago. Than he goes to back it off the trailer and he hits both sides of the trailer ping pongin the whole way out. So eventually he gets off and begins mowing with my help to put the deck at height. than he finally realizes he doesnt know what hees doing and asks to weed eat. the guy just didnt show up the next day.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

By the way...good story, gotta love people like that.

3. Jerry Lee

thanks i thot it was pretty funny.

4. jd75760

jd75760 LawnSite Member

What is even more funny is that I have had several "supervisors" over the years that couldn't pull their finger out of their own behind. LOL

5. Jerry Lee

lol yea my bosses sons r just like that. they have an excuse for everything, its more like babby sitting.

6. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

and people think this job is easy....

7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm surprised the guy didn't get on his hands and knees and eat some weeds.:laugh:

8. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

sometimes you have to say :confused: lol I know a couple me-can-hicks like that.

9. Jerry Lee

lol u could almost expect it from this guy

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I had one kid work for me from my school at the begining of the summer cause he really wanted to. He started off trimming and was slow but wasn't bad at it. on the 4th lawn he asked if he could use my 21inch he said he knew how. I weedwacked 2 yards and caut the little field with my 36" before he even finshed the front yard of the one house!! This front yard was like 20ft by 15ft! he could not even turn the mower it was harlirous he asked to go home after that because he was tired.:hammerhead: