1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good things happening

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packey, Mar 12, 2008.

1. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I just spoke with one of the older gentle men who was mowing in this area and found out he is drasticly cutting back do to back surgery. He asked if I would be interested in taking on a list of 30 customrer most resi but a handful of commercials I said yes and as of now I have secured 21 of them as weekly customers with 15 wanting aerating.:dancing::dancing: I knew if I waked hard enough i would be able to build up in this new area. so as of right now I have 57 customers and the list is growning. My next step will be to start hiring a couple of teens I have talked to Hope my equipment holds.
  2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Now that's what I call a good start to the season.:cool2:
  3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet, congrats!
  4. Brown's LC & L

Brown's LC & L LawnSite Member

That's a pretty sweet deal! I've picked up a couple new and had a guy give me a couple. I've also hit a few neighborhoods, passed out flyers with coupons, and gave what I felt were competitive, even low rates. The neighborhood is mowed by a big name in town who has several crews of *quality employees, so his rates are low. So far no one has called, that was two weeks ago. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the replies.

*quality - ex-con looking cronies, who run around the yard as fast as they can.
  5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats your equipment consist of...?
  6. packey

toro 52 wb
    john deere 36 wb
    yazoo 24 master cut
    snapper 21 commercial hi vac
    husquvarna 42 inch estate zero turn (back up mower)
    83x14 pj trailer
    Stihl br550
    stihl fs55
    stihl fs110
    Still hidger 24 inch bar
    stihl chainsaw 16 inch 180
    husquvarna 455 rancher chainsaw with 22 inch bar
    36 inch wb brush cutter

My newest mower is athe john deere 36 wb it only has 196 hours I just bought it the rest of my equipment has seen ibetter days the toro wb is still in good shape with about 1200 hours I hopw to be able to buy a new z this year but we will see.
  7. ber8985

ber8985 LawnSite Member

Keep on working hard and praying everyday
  8. McVey Landscaping

McVey Landscaping LawnSite Member

Congrats, sounds like you scored on this. :drinkup:
  9. packey

I wish I could say it was always this easy I went and followed up on the rest of the list and picked up all but 1 person and they are a maybe. I also picked up 4 other yards who where neighbors of several customers. I have been doing this a while now and this is a first. I will be dethatching 24 yards and 14 commercial locations.