Good Thought provoking reading on..........

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Tim Wright, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

There is some thought provoking reading on

http://www.superlawntrucks.com

if you are into reading business type material.

Just go to the Free Business Plan on the left and the Increase Your Companies Profits just under the business plan.

Tim

2. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

sounds more like a sales pitch then a business plan

3. Tim Wright

It is a sales pitch, but it shuld make us think of how we manage our time as well our SOP and its efficiency.

I personally do not think that a truck for $30+k could save me much more than an enclosed trailer outfitted similarly.

Just something to get us thinking business.

Tim

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Those trucks are 40-60k. The only think that will actually save you time on their trucks is the fuel system. That would eliminate the daily fill up. 50k of depreciating debt is not in my business plan!

I prefer CLTs(Cheap Lawn Trucks)... Nprs w/ a dovetail!

5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I agree 100% Works! I have about 7 grand in my whole set-up- truck, dovetail, and lettering. That fuel system of theirs is toooooooo expensive. You could get another NPR gas tank, brackets, pump, hoses, relays and anything else that you would need to make your own for under $300.00. There's a place in Alabama that deals in these used trucks and he is very helpful.

6. Tim Wright

Personally I just want a 24 foot enclosed trailer.

Tim

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I gave up on trailers. I love landscaping bodies. I have one NPR box truck and a Dodge 3500 w/ lawn maintenance bodies, and also a Isuzu Frr for hauling a bobcat/dingo. Trailers are a hassle.

8. Tim Wright

I would do that with an older pickup, but not with my new 3500 dually, not yet anyway.

Tim

9. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

The SLT is a neat idea, just not a fit for companies like mine. I need the open
    trucks, dumps etc. Anyway My mowers are claustrophobic.

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

We had a pop-up thunderstorm here last week. It was clear one minute and witin 10 minutes it was a gully washer. Well, I was in a huge subdivision when it started. I loaded my equipment up when the lightning got a little too close and left. I drove by 3 different companies that were loading their mowers up in the rain. I drove right by with all of my dry equipment and thought it was money well spent. All the big companies around here use cabovers. It just looks more professional. Not just a fly-by-night guy with a lawn mower and a trailer. It's all about appearance!