Good time to sell a mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, Feb 11, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I have about a one-month window during which I would like to sell off one of my old machines, and was wondering since this is likely the best time of year, when should I plan on start running the ad for sale?

Just in case anyone's interested, don't get too excited: It's a 1995 model 30165 Toro 52" float-deck with bagger and dual-wheel velke and has a 15hp B & S Vanguard engine (aftermarket, fairly new) but the machine has a LOT of hours and wear and tear on it, I'll be glad if I get 600 bucks for it, it is very worn out, rust on deck and all, might not even last a whole season.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I think you would get the most money about the first month or so of the growing season. Trying to sell in the fall or winter is a buyers market, spring and summer is a sellers market for lawn equipment.

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Take some time now when it's slow and paint it up a bit or at least make it look clean. Fix any small things that are wrong with it and sell it to a new guy as a back up unit.

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

fix it up and sell it to a "mo joe" 600 is a little high but i bet you could get it. good luck!