1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good times

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Closed my property purchase this week, bring on the payments. Getting ready for the ski season, we're getting hit pretty hard right now with precip in the Seattle area, snow level is rising, but local ski areas got about 48" of snow in about 2.5 days. Ready for school to be over this quarter, 19 credits plus work almost killed me. 1 more week...
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A little bit of stress does the body good :laugh:

We got some snow on the coast but its gone now the rain washed it all away. We ended up with 12 inches something we haven't seen in couple years. The hills (skiing) thou got hit with the rain too and washed away the base.

I think I'am gonna have to buy a set of snow chains this year we are supposed to be in for lots of snow this year.

Got any pictures of your property ?
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I may have posted this pic here once before, can't remember. This is a photo my mom took a couple months ago, I haven't seen the property in person yet, been too busy to get back home to look at it. 3.5 acres, gated subdivision, I'd never build on it for myself but some moron with too much money from Seattle would. That's what I'm waiting for. It's a bit of a drive from town, but it does have a view of the lake and there have been 3 lot sales in the subdivision since I put money down on mine a couple months back. I can see that place being somewhat of a commodity in a few years, people looking for "ranch living" building sites with generously sized lots and decent views.

As far as the snow goes, it's getting pretty hardcore. We had 5" of snow here in Lynnwood, that's fairly unusual. About 2-3 days a year, we'll get an inch or two, it'll last until about noon and it's gone. Sunday morning was ridiculous, nobody knows how to drive in the snow here. I drove my car instead of the truck as my truck is 2wd, every stop sign I came to I decided to cut the car loose upon accelerating. Good way to get the blood flowing early in the AM headed to a shift at the restaurant that I pretty much didn't want to show up for. Hahaha
  4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

We got a little snow here too. 6" on the valley floor in a day and about 24" new stuff in the hills. Real estate market is awesome here for those who produce "For Sale" signs. That is about the only sector that is accelerating. One home type that is still alive is the patio home.........single level, small yard, build for those that are downsizing........after all us baby boomers are hitting that age where we are starting to consolidate, want less "stuff" and are planning for those retirement years. Appraisals in residental have all but evaporated.
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That is a nice looking view, good spot to pitch a tent and crack open some tasty CANADIAN beers!
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

For sure, I'm a real fan of Kokanee. Actually, the covenants don't allow pitching of tents, but I think when I have time to head over I'll spend a night up there. There aren't any houses up there yet, nobody would complain.
  7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

That Lake Chelan?

And I read about the interesting weather y'all have gotten up in the PNW... Rainier's been snowing like crazy!

I miss WA... :(
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The property I bought is back home in Chelan. I'm still in Lynnwood right now, 40+ degrees right now, sun is out, but the wind is RIPPING. My local ski hill opens in 2 days, but the snow is no good, it rained for about 2 days. It'll make for a good base, but I'm waiting for fresh snow before I head up.

Next summer I'm planning to climb Rainier with a friend of mine, we were planning on doing it this year but funds and time just didn't allow. Next summer is the year, it'll cost us about $2K to go by the time we gear up and pay for a guide.

I didn't take this photo, but it just gives you an idea how huge Rainier is compared to everything else that is basically at sea level, all 14,410 feet of it. I'll be on top of it next July, getting closer to having enough for a deposit on the guide service.
  9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That Mt. Rainier would be a great volcano show when it erupts.
  10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

They say it will happen again eventually, but they're not really sure how long it will be, more than likely not any time in the near future. If I was on Rainier when it erupts, it wouldn't be such a bad way to go out.