Good tires for 2500 4X4??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Oct 27, 2012.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

The quote I got was from Discount Tire also, 265/70/17.

I would love to go with a taller tire but don't want to lose any mpg.

2. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

I know you said A/T but I had a lot of luck with Toyo M/T's on my Dodge. I had 55,000 + miles on them when I took them off and they were awesome. Not too loud and ride was great. I'll definitely install a set on my next diesel.

3. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Hankook dynapro ATM, I have somewhere between 40 and 50k miles the set I put on one of my 96 F250's. And that twin I beam isn't really friendly to tires.

4. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Bridgestone duler A/T REVO's. Only tire ill buy for my truck. On my 4th set for two trucks.

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i second the nitto grapplers...they are awesome, good looking tire too, getting popular around here...we have an awesome tire guy, i got 4 installed on my '08 super duty with 20's for $1200...Ford quoted me $2200 for michelin's...i'm very happy with my decision, and i'm very picky about $hit like that

6. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

also a great tire, have these on a few of our work trucks

7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone use treadwright tires ? They have the BF tread as well as a few others. Guys on plowsite seem to love em.

8. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

another Bf Goodrich AT fan here. I put them on my avalanche and love them. They work good for everyday use, arent too loud on the highway, and last a long time. Ive had them on three different trucks over the years, and couldnt be happier. I take my avalanche down to the beach and go fishing on padre island while loaded down HEAVY and havent been stuck too bad on the island yet. I did get stuck while trying to turn around one time, but only briefly and dug out before we got buried. For an every day tire and a true All terrian Tire, i really like the BF goodrich.

9. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

I have Treadwright on all the trucks. Love them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Can i Second A Second on the nittos?!?! lol
    I Have a Pair on my 2011 2500 and love them... They really just make the truck look that much higher and my guys love plowing in them. Getting ready to convert another truck over to them. I got mine from Discount tire. Havent looked back since!