1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good to see Texas finally getting some rain!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Nothing smells worse than dry Longhorn farts. That strong south wind in the summer makes for poor air quality in the plains when Texas is dry. LOL
  2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

It isn't so much the rain I like, it is the effect upon lower the temps. Finally a day below 100 degrees!
  3. Y'all been gett'n hunerd degreez?
  4. Had two days last week at 101 & 102 degrees with heat index at 105-107.:eek: . Finally got a little rain this morning but it has already stopped. Might rain later today or in the
    This area is already 7-8 inches behind on rain this year according to local media.
  5. I'll be praying for that!
  6. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Received about 1/2 inch this morning. I hope we at least double that amount this afternoon.
  7. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

April saw squat rain. In May it is supposed to rain about 1.25"/week. We didn't get that all month.

Finally got a thunderstorm yesterday. If we do not get more soon the water rationing/ban type measures will be in place by mid July.:angry:
  8. The Green Way

The Green Way Banned

I heard the tornado season in TX has been crazy this year!
  9. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah those tornadoes must have pushed all the water up here...
    close to 7"s last month. It's been raining again today, thunderstorms & downpours possible tonight, Rain tomorrow, Sat & sat night, Monday & Tuesday.....
    It's been cold as heck too.... only 55 out now high of 60 today. Only been 2 days this yr. I've been able to wear shorts, most of the time a light jacket is needed.

Please please come take our rain.....
  10. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Last Saturday I was watching the Astros at Cubs game. Dudes were wearing coats and I was wearing shorts and a tank top. It was damn near a 100 that day. Amazing how Mother Nature works.