1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good Trailers in New England

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 12, 2006.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I am looking for a 14 or 16 foot trailer in New England, anyone know of any dealers that sell inexpensive trailers. I see all these places in Michigan that are selling 14 and 16 foot for around $1600 Up here a big tex 16' is going for 2400 before tax

Just seems like too much. There are no good used ones either up here

Thanks

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

The reason that all those trailers are so cheap in the midwest is thats where like 90% of trailers are manufactured. There isnt the freight charge on them like the ones in Maine. Last year I drove to Indiana and bought a 16 footer for $1600.00 out the door, (with options) the same trailer around here in PA sells for around $2500.00

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I am going to call Downeaster tomorrow, they manufacture their own trailers and are like 45min north of me, never thought about it till you just said that.
    Thanks

4. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

a buddy of mine bought a 16ft landscape trailer, double axle with brakes for about $2100 out the door from American ladders and scaffold in Connecticut i think

5. 4x4Jim

4x4Jim LawnSite Member

My buddys got a 14 or 16 forsale. If your interested I can get you details.