Good turf book to read?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Victor, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good turf book? I love reading about this stuff and am looking for another good turf book to read. If anyone has read one that they'd recommend, please let me know about it. Thanks.

2. Victor

I see that "turfgrass management" comes highly recommended. I'll definitely have to get it. It seems to be just what I was looking for.

3. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

where can I buy that book ?? What year are you getting or have?

4. Victor

I was told it can be found at Amazon.com. I checked and they have it in stock. $100 new and $60 used.

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Is that the one by Dr. Couch from Virginia Tech??

6. MaineFert

MaineFert LawnSite Member
    from Maine

"The Chemcial Free Lawn" Warren Schultz
    A nice quick read to help brush up on basics, and is only about $15

7. Victor

No... This book was written by A. J. Turgeon Turf Hokie. It looks like a really good read too.

8. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Have to check it out. Thanks

9. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

"Turfgrass Science and Culture" by James Beard is an excellent resource. It is a little dated so you won't have updated turf variety or chemical recommendations but is great otherwise.

"Turfgrass", edited by DV Waddington, from American Society of Agronomy is another great book. I think it was last updated in 1992. It's only $42 from ASA.

10. Victor

I placed my order today for "Turfgrass Management," so I should have it shortly. I'm definitely going to look into the other books you guys mentioned too. Thanks again for the help, I really do appreciate it. :)