1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good way to attract commercial clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigcountry01, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

Anyone know? Ive been in business for 3 years now. Not doing too bad ive got about 40 full time mowing accounts.Only 3 of those are commercial though. I would like to have a lot more commercials but im just not sure how to get them. Does anyone know a good tactic?
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

not sure if it will work for you, But I talk to everyone I see,

and my radio ad's are kicking
  3. bigcountry01

not sure i can afford a radio ad. Sounds pretty expensive. Ive only herd one ad around here for a mowing co
  4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

*knock knock*
    "Hi, I'm X from X Landscape & Lawn.... will you be accepting bids next seasons, if so, when can I submit them. Thanks for your time. Have a nice day."

Very rarely will you attract a commercial property. Residential yes, but not commercial. I'm sure it happens, but it's rare.
  5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Get in the right persons face, and repeat. Takes time, sometimes years.
  6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

in my opinion commercials arnt worth it. I make more on residentials.
  7. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yeah, and this coming from experience....you can lose your shirt on a commercial account that doesn't pay or in some cases, pays late. You wont lose your shirt on a commercial who doesn't pay.....99 times outta 100 anyway.
  8. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: Well... which are we blabbing about on here, commercial or rez..???? or all of the above...?? :rolleyes::hammerhead::dizzy:
  9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

40 resi's? I would just stick with them, add a few more, and forget commercial. Too much pump and dump with them, no loyalty even for a superior job.

10. bigcountry01

ya but i need some contracts. I dont do contracts with residentials. Around here there is just to much competition. Why would they sign a 12 month contract with someone if they dont have to? I do have good customer loyalty though. Contracts would be nice to bring in money during the winter