Good wb fertilizer/ material spreader

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jay, Feb 27, 2001.

1. jay

jay LawnSite Member

Anyone know of a good wb spreader for under $300. I just need it for properties that are smaller than a half acre.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

A good Lesco spreader is around $300. Then just by Lesco fertilizer and every thing will already be calibrated. Follow the directions on the bag. No guessing.

3. jay

jay LawnSite Member

I don't know of a place where I can get a lesco spreader in my area? Do you know a site I can go to or do you know if they carry them at home depot?

4. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Jay,
    I bought a Scott's Pro-Roatery Spreader at Lowes Home Store last year for $139.00. It has a 125# hopper and air filled tires. It pushes very easy even when fully loaded. I looked at alot of other spreaders and for the money this was the one I purchased. I can say do not buy one with plastic wheels, they will push like a ROCK. Been there done that.
    Good Luck,
    Mowman

5. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

I have an earthway 24ss. Pnumatic tires, and yes a stainless steel frame. You can clean your spreader everyday for the rest of your life and it will still rust. Spend the extra and get a stainless steel frame spreader. Definately get pnumatic tires. It has a 100 lb capacity and that is plenty of weight to push. It cost over $300, but in the long run it will be cheaper. It is also very accurate. don't overlook accuracy.

6. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Look into Agri/Fab 100
    About $140.00
    Has been great thus far.

7. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Lesco has service centers in California.

Anaheim: 714-935-0082

Palm Desert 760-341-3221

San Jose: 408-436-1745

If you act by the end of day March 31, Lesco Stainless Steel
    Spreader for $299 and free deflector kit and hopper cover.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I agree SS is the only way to go.

9. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

My Lesco spreader with deflector kit works great. I paid $300 for mine. Very rugged, I'm sure I'll have it years down the road.

The deflector lets you outline (walk the perimeter) of the property first, placing your application right on the stress areas near streets & sidewalks where it's hot and there's line trimming/edging. Very easy to use, too.

Like bob said, calibrations are right on the product, plus the Lesco guys are very knowledgeable if you have any questions.

10. spyker spreader