Good? wb?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 8, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Is this a good wb for the price $5,100 Gravley Pro H Hydro WB 48" ? is there better out there for the money? im pretty much now sold on getting a 48 now instead of a 32.

please post good 48in wb mowers for around 5k. thank you!
  2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I suspect that you could get a better price on that mower.

But consider the Hustler 48" wb or super wb also. Seems to be well liked by most owners.

The 15hp kawi on the Gravely may leave you wanting more power. Might consider the 52" to get more power.

Exmark TT HP is well-loved, with 17hp. But you'd have to like the ECS steering system.

Husqvarna hydro wb's have some innovative features. Including quick deck adjust, a different steering system, and a 42" deck size option.

Toro makes a 44" deck that is a good compromise in size between 32" and 48" for access through gates and such. T bar system is jumpy and only comes with 15hp single kohler, the pistol grips may be better to operate and come with more power options. They seem to have fixed some of the weight balance problems previous models had. Be sure to try 2004 models.

Nothing else stands out in my research that I recall.
  3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

okay cool. thanks for the advise :)
  4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I gave 5,800 out the door for my 25/54 Super walk-behind with an extra set of gator blades and a BullRider. This walk-behind is amazing! Definitely get the biggest engine you can afford. I am sure the Gravely’s, Exmarks, Toro’s and others are great machines. But I wouldn’t trade my big horsepower H-bar for any of them.
  5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I just looked at their 48" pro h with pro steer yesterday it was fixed deck for 4700.

I'm going to be going with a 44" gravely i think just because it has 2 more hp. Its 15hp, plus its the same price as the 36" exmark/toro pretty much any other good name mower and it comes with a free striper kit. I'd like to have the 17hp like toro does but i'm going for gear drive fixed deck so its out of my budget. I'll live with 15hp.
  6. John at JDH Select

John at JDH Select LawnSite Member
    from Indy

I bought the 1752H Gravely with pro-steer this year. Awesome machine. The 17hp is great power, but I am most impressed with the mower, itself.
  7. onelegjohn

onelegjohn LawnSite Member

I just bought a lightly used 48" Scag Hydro with a 17HP Kawi. Sweet machine... Has velke and bagger.. About 300 hours... You can pick one of these up for $3000 used.
  8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Anyone elses suggestions. Toro, Exmark, Gravley? anything that is around 48in and is a hydro wb around 5k nothing less than 17hp. thank you!!!