Good Weedeater & Blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jmart90, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Jmart90

Jmart90 LawnSite Member

hi,

So I'm gonna step up my lawn care this year and hopefully get about 12-20 clients( I'm at 8 right now)

But I'm gonna need some more gear, right now I just mow and occassionally get my hands on a weed eater and don't have anything other than the lawn mower to blow grass.

So what are some good weed eaters and leaf blowers that are reliable, yet not so hard on the wallet?

Also, what other items would I need? right now I just have a mower and that's all I've been using ahha, I have rakes, showels, and that's it. so what else could come in handy?

Thanks.

-Jeff

2. juventuscadillac

juventuscadillac LawnSite Member

3. can't beat sears.

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Check out the websites of these major 2 cycle equipment manufactures.

Echo
    Red Max
    Shindaiwa
    Tanaka
    Stihl

Look at the specs. If you have questions about the specs, feel free to ask.

5. Jmart90

Jmart90 LawnSite Member

Thanks, this is really the kind of answer i was hoping for, I'm looking to learn mroe about equipment, all I know is I friggin love toro and hate what happens to poorly maintained Walker mowers haha.

6. adrian

adrian LawnSite Member

Kawasaki makes pretty good equipment for the money

7. vharman4

vharman4 LawnSite Member

i run all stihl blowers and trimmers... i have had NO problems with them in the last 2 seasons.. and they have an good warranty.. oh and i am pretty hard on them as well so they can take some abuse

8. BGClawns101

BGClawns101 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok so i am going to tell you i tell everyone else get STIHL professional equipment. I never have problems with mine. My dad has a sthil trimmer that is 15 years old and has been ran over twice and it always starts on the first pull. But make sure you get you professional grade equipment. My friend gets his stuff from sears and he will by a trimmer for 120 buck but he gets like two a summer cause they all break. If you spend 400 on a trimmer it will last you forever and the same thing goes with blowers and mower just go with the professional equipment. i hope this helped.

9. Jmart90

Jmart90 LawnSite Member

Thanks, this (and all others) helped a lot.

Yea I've used Stihl Trimmers, Blowers, and chain saws at work, and we've never had a problem with any of them, that's why I want to go for it.

And I suppose Canadian tire would be a bad spot to go wouldn't it? haha.

Thanks for the advice, professional it is!

10. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

I read this as I'm 8 right now, and was WTH is he doing mowing 12-20 yards! Had to go back and read again since everyone was giving good advice.