Good Weedwacker for Lot full of high grass/weeds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BrunswickMowing, Jun 14, 2005.

1. BrunswickMowing

BrunswickMowing LawnSite Member

Im putting in a quote today for a property manager that has several lots that haven't been touched all year. Most have waist high grass and heavy weeds. They are all quite small and I know I can blast each one probably in about 20-30 min each with the right wacker. Lot sizes are only about 20'x50'.

What trimmer do you guys recommend for high/heavy/thick weeds and lots full of tall grass? Id like to keep it under 300.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl FS250 or bigger. Mean machine.

3. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

brush hog all the way

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

For just such an occasion, I use my trusty Echo SRM 230 with a a weed blade (looks like a circular saw blade but with only about 12 teeth). I bought my first one for about 240.00 bucks and another 20 bucks for the weed blade. makes an awesome line trimmer too.

Now what you do with the material once it's fallen...that's another story.

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Any of the major brands in the high end range sould fill the bill. Sometimes I use a grass blade. its 4 blades not he brush saw one. Slices thru super tall grass like butter. biggest problem is grass gretting wrapped around the head. Would seriously consider renting a brush mower for the day. Would save you time and your back. this is all just my opinion tho

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I use a Stihl FS 85 with bicycle bars and a Ninga blade.

Gene