good zero turn mower suggestions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Surferbum21, May 10, 2007.

1. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

I am in the market for a 48 to 52 inch zero turn rider. Any suggestions? The mower shop I go to has 'em for around $5-6k. I would really like to try something used but haven't had any luck. I am in the SW OKC area and am willing to drive oh about 200 miles if the price is right. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Can you demo a Ferris?

3. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

yea. i can demo anything at the lawn store

4. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Demo some stuff...I love my Exmarks great with the ultra vac....no pony motor to maintain.... but it all depends on what your local dealer has to offer...remember take care of the middle man and he'll take care of you when you need it!!

5. ucoram

ucoram LawnSite Member

I' ve had an Exmark 48 and 60. Love them both!

6. MTR999

MTR999 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

It is rare to get a 48" or 52" new under 6k. If you found used one with low hr, I think you might get better deal.

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

eX- marks the spot

8. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

nothing runs like a ....

9. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

The Z2, not only is it the cheapest but it is also made the best! It defies physics and economics at the same time!

10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Sarcasm duly noted. Why must you interject your stupidity into posts and lower everyone's IQ in the process? We know what you think of Cub/Lesco, so stuff it...

Back to the OP's question, like was said, you'll have a hard time finding a 4-6K machine new in that size, if you're talking a full-on commercial machine.

Semi-commercial models like Scag's Freedom Z would be in your price range, but won't hold up in the long run like a dedicated commercial mower.

What mowers does your dealer have for that price in those size ranges?

And yes, you can get a ZTwo for around that price, and it's not a bad mower at all.