1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye 257B

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Aug 30, 2007.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

After considering all the pro's and con's I took delivery of my 297C this morning..goodbye 257B...with CAT's service, trade value offered and comfort, I stuck with my CAT dealer, still I think the deere put power to the ground alittle better but when all was said and done, this is what worked for me....and was actully a better deal than offered by the competition....
  2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats QPS!!!!
  3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you. Please keep us updated on how that beast runs.
  4. qps

from Indy

Thanks Shane. have a safe flight home....
  5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

QPS....what undercarriage option did you go for? Is it a 2 speed? Air ride seat? Would love to hear your feed back on visability and other aspects of their redesigned cab.
  6. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Pictures and stories! :)

Congrats on your purchase. I'm jealous.
  7. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, that thing came in quick! Hope you have better luck with this one. Keep us posted...

BTW- Did you happen to make them throw in some Colts tickets or suite passes to sweeten the deal?:cool2: :weightlifter:
  8. qps

from Indy

They had it on order for another customer, exactly configured how I wanted except for the electric hookup outside and the H pattern control changer in the cab, they are ordering the switches and parts and installing at no additional charges

did get to go to there suite last year...it was a blast
  9. qps

from Indy

options on undercarraige??? didn't know there where any....it is two speed with the new amics control system, air seat /ac/heat/quich attached...I ran it for about 3 hrs today...it is a monster, the e/h controls work fantastic compared to bobcats e/h...I still say power to the ground is alittle better on the deere but after considering it, just because you see tracks spinning on the deere your not really going anywhere, but it looks and feels impressive, my feelings is if put side by side production on the two would be almost identical...I will say the cat rides smooth as silk....ask me six months from now on my thoughts.....:laugh: on a side note I only ask for the case pattern changer installed so if KSSS ever visits Indy he could run it:laugh:
  10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Well I appreciate the consideration. Lord knows I struggle with the ISO pattern.