goodbye ford diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mower&more1986, Oct 9, 2007.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

I think I going to sell the ford diesel and look for a little bit smaller truck.
    the 7.3 diesel is not the problem its all the other stuff thats gone wrong with this truck and I dont have the time or patience to fix it.
    so I'm going to start my saving and sell or trade in at a dealership for a basic work truck to meet my needs.
    Its been fun with my 1989 ford f350 7.3 diesel. but i need somthing more dependble and alittle bit newer:drinkup:

2. mower&more1986

3. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

not a bad looking work truck! Thats a nice dealer have alot of trailers.

4. mower&more1986

it a pretty good truck. I like the fact that its reg cab. but Im going to look it over really good before I think about it. I did start it up a while go didnt see any smoke or oil leaks. the 350 motor sounded pretty good. I like the stock exhaust its got

5. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

Going from an 89-93? I'm not sure of your finanaces, but it might make more sense to get something a little newer...say 99-up.

6. mower&more1986

nope cant go that new. Ive changed my mind I'm keep my truck. it just not worth to get rid of it yet

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Good call. Similar things will go wrong on the newer truck and will be just as frustrating.

8. mower&more1986

A 1998 chevy k2500 6.5 diesel I was looking at the dealer. I was thinking about buying but went to start it for a test drive and it wouldnt start. The dealer said let us pull it inside and get warmed up. I said ok you do that.
    when I was leaving I said have a nice day. and I drove off in my 1989 Ford f350 that has no problem starting imo might need a little here there work but my ford still starts

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

man you friends with john kerry?! this is alotta flip floppin!

10. beaver

beaver LawnSite Member

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the 6.5 liter. They have many issues including weak crankshafts. My dad had one and had isssues after only 60,000miles.

The IDI engine in your ford is a much better engine, and probably almost as strong even without a turbo.