Goodbye Snapper Hello Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ozd12005, May 4, 2008.

1. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

After 2 seasons my Commercial 21" Snapper finally let me down for the last time. Ive had nothing but problems with the gear drive box on the snapper and low and behold this week it took a crap again. I just got the mower back last week out of the shop for the 4th time and told myself I'm not going through this again so early in the season so I pulled my back up crapsman out and finished the yard. Went to another local dealer and bought a new Toro Proline with the bbc & 6hp kaw. What a fricken difference lol.. This unit has cut down my time around an hour a day so far and the quality cut it gives is well worth the money.
  2. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought one of these as well to replace a Toro super recycler and I think the proline is 5x times better then the recycler. I can't believe it's so heavy, I guess that's why they call it heavy duty.
  3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

ozd guess you got a lemon - never a problem with mine.

Quite the opposite, I sold my Toro to get a Snapper lol.
  4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I know the Toro Proline 21's are pricey...Ive had two for 6 yrs each now...they still cut great, very reliable, cant say enough good about them.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I love my 2 snappers and I have never had a problem with them. You mustve gotten a lemon because I personally think the snapper has one of the best and easiest to work on gear boxes.
  6. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

If you don't mind me asking, How much does the 21" Toro proline go for in the middle of the earth?
  7. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Snapper is all I know works good for me.
  8. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

I might have gotten a lemon Snapper and at this point I'm not gonna dwell on it not only the gear drive was a problem but the quality cut imo was not that great

Price for the Proline at the middle of the earth $1180.00 ....Ouchhhhh!!!!
  9. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

You can have my snapper when you can pry it from my cold dead fingers and green thumbs.

But good luck with your Toro.
  10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Good move going with toro. I had a snapper commercial also but I sold it before it could start breaking down. I went and bought the last toro commercial with honda gxv on speedway. No one locally had them anymore.