1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Nov 12, 2007.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Does anybody have these tires on their truck? If so what do you think about them? I am considering these because they are a step up from my old Goodyear eagles which are an SUV tire and don't hold up to the conditions I put them through. Any info or comments are highly appreciated.
  2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

my couzin and i both ran wranglers on are rangers never had an issue except that they spun a bunch outback didnt carry enough weight to have a good blance
  3. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Thats probably cuz it was on a Ranger, not the tires fault. Thanks for that bit of info though.
  4. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

They are the worst tires i have ever had I got 10,000 miles out of them and they wouldnt honor the warentee becasue I did one tire rotation myself so dont waste the money i just go a nice set of off brand tires for 365 installed
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto on the ABSOLUTE worst tires I have ever bought!! Was "sold" on the tires because they didn't have BF's in stock, and gave me a lifetime roadside on the tires. So far they have worn to nothing, had 2 unexplained blowouts due to loss of pressure and they can't explain why. They also will not cover them under warranty. I would NEVER buy another set of them in my life.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Bfg A/t, End Of Story
  7. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I just put them on my f-350 load e and have about 2,000 miles on them. So far I have been happy with them, they are quiet for a big tire, traction is good and very little side wall flex when loaded.
  8. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Oh just to clarify these arn't the old Wranglers GSA's or the ATS's. Those are two entirely different tires that have had a bunch of problems. I am talking about the brand new redesigned Wrangler with dual steel belts and Kevlar cord.
  9. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I've seen those, and almost bought them. Wound up going with the Bridgeston A/T Revos instead. I love the Revo's, excellent in snow, ice, mud, and rain. Much quieter than the stock BFG Long Trails, too.
  10. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I stopped at a Goodyear store one morning waiting to meet my wife for breakfast; the guy told me about the silent armors and they sounded ok but they were a little on the pricey side. Well, maybe a lot on the pricey side.