Google Adwords- Check your Accounts!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by shortgrass01, Jun 5, 2008.

1. shortgrass01

shortgrass01 LawnSite Member
    from SC

Hi- Guys... Fellow LCO here. Just a heads up Google wipe my account clean but a few cents after a long history of retaining a balance carry over. I had pay per click, and up loaded a cash balance since last year. I learned today they allowed abunch of clicks to hit in two months; to bring the balance under .10 cents. They use to have customer suport contact phone number. But now longer.. you have to email them now.. to me thats a red flag. Luckly they didnt rip me off like iderc (msn, yellow pages pay per click ) media riped me off. If they make good on the service I let you all know, but I highly doubt they will even come close. I will get bunch of insluting double talk about how i must have done something wrong... :hammerhead:

Anyways ...........Check you Ad accounts and dont let this happen to you!

2. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really understanding what you're saying Google did wrong. Did they just start allowing unlimited clicks all of a sudden when you had it limited to something like $10 a day?

I don't have this problem because mine comes out every $500 or 30 days, whichever comes first. My limit is set to $300 a day... which never happens lol. At most maybe $20 in a day.

Idearc (superpages) is a ripola. Dont mess with them.

3. shortgrass01

from SC

I have pay per click only and I avg a certain amount of click per month. All of a sudden I get 10 Times the amount of click to the past two months to drain the remaining balance. It is obvious they let thru a bunch of repeat clicks.
    They havent even reponded about this; Other than the generated email saying they recieved my complaint. I Was enjoying such a nice run on a good add placement.
    Idearc media scamed me for small sum of cash. I have all sorts of paper work on them. I caught it soon enought before it got worse.
    Google use to have customer phone suport; I remember thinking these guy are alsome. I was very impressed with thier service, untill this.

anyways, if you have google ads- keep an aye out on your account.

4. MowHouston

It might just be an influx of people searching online. Google is a reputable company and I've never had any problems.

You should be using some sort of stat tracker so that you can view your clicks. My chat support program on my website monitors where everyone came from and I've never seen double clicks from the same IP address go through and not get reimbursed.

5. MowHouston

Or, make sure that you arent advertising in website content. That advertising is crap for clicks. Someone may be doing click fraud to up their adsense campaign.

6. DutrowLLC

DutrowLLC LawnSite Member

Yeah, I think that sort of happened to me. They want to default you to the website content which has very little value. You want to be in the search engine results and nothing else.

I wasn't aware the Superpages was known as crap. They did good for me for a few years, then their add started to not get any results anymore, but cost me the same, don't know what was up with that, but I don't list there anymore. I always ask customers where they heard about us, usually its google, when they stopped every saying "Superpages", I pulled the advertising from there, was costing me about $300 per month.

7. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Shortgrass not to change the subject, but for you sake I hope the Fins can win more than one game this year, lol. Run, Rickey, Run!

8. shortgrass01

from SC

well, as an life long Dolphins Fan, Im not to happy with the things that has happen since shula left. Im not real please with having the tuna with the dolphins. Just somthing wrong with having the Enemy walking the halls of Dolphin land.
    The dolphins have been reduced to just another NFL team; a bad one at that.. They use to have somthing special. Shula took that with him I suppose.

Having said that: run ricky run! That had a decent draft and with the tuna hanging around I'm thinking 9 wins 6 Losses at best. depends on how well ricky runs and how well the defence plays. Now taylor has finnished dancing with the stars, err
    you know that had to make the tuna's stomach turn.

Once the Orange bowl was gone so was that made the dolphins special and differnt.

9. shortgrass01

from SC

google has been great and Im not tring to pick on google.
    I found out some more info, I know without a doubt that I had my click set on a certain amount per click. This was changed to higher amount.
    They made some changes and now they are showing ads in differnt links. This might have had some reason for the influx of clicks. however they made these changes without my knowing..... this is wrong. They need to send a letter out or call someone when making changes that effects you pocket book. I dont spend money on people i cant speak to on the phone. They Took away the Phone in customer service , pfft they must think im an idiot.
    It really bugs me how big business takes small time customers like me, for granite.

10. DutrowLLC

DutrowLLC LawnSite Member

What the heck? The upped your max bid without telling you? Sounds like an error on your part, thats not supposed to happen.

Yeah, I agree with you about the phone, I see what they're getting at trying to keep things simple and not spending too much on phone people, but if I pay them 15k a year, I think I should be able to talk to someone on the phone.