Google Earth for property review

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BMFD92, Jan 21, 2006.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering if anyone else out there uses google earth for property review and mapping out routes. I recently got google earth and have pictures of all my customers properties and route mapped out. I think its a great way to get a birds eye view of the property especially the larger ones. any one else use it?

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I've played with it. Yahoo's next generation of map software is similar and so is Micrsofts Live Map which is apparently similar to Map point. Googles photos are out of date though. Went to an area of Maricopa that showed as dirt that was full of tract housing. Not sure how old their pics are.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

They update about annually, right about this time of the year, in my experience. It all depends on when the private companies do them, as they do them for the counties and sell the photos to others such as yahoo, microsoft etc... Pictures are taken about October, here in Maricopa County.

4. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I cant get it to zoom in enough to be worth a darn

5. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

True. And you have to pretty much know which house you're looking for in subdivisions.

Out of date, too. My old residence still shows a trampoline in the yard that was removed at least 4 years ago.....

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Where I'm at, 3-4 miles to the north and to the east, you can't zoom in at all.

The rest, if you go towards a more populated area, you can zoom in somewhat.

7. greenhorizon

greenhorizon LawnSite Member

I usually look at the county tax collector page. everything you need owner info, footage and so on.