Google Earth got me!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, Feb 20, 2009.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I was on Google earth getting measurements for a municipal bid in the city of Garland earlier tonight. Weathermatic factory was right down the street from one of the bid locations so I pulled it up. Low n behold, I can see my truck and trailer parked on the left side of the lot. Turf is all gone/brown because we just got done scalping for winter rye.

kinda cool to see myself on google earth.

wmgoogle.jpg

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhh, I miss Winter Rye.

Ive seen myself on Googles aerial image before, but its got a more current version now.

First one, one of my guys on a Stander in the street strip, red shirt. One of our HOA's.

[​IMG]

At my first house in AZ, my dads FJCruiser in the driveway. I think we were moving a trailer out of the garage.

[​IMG]

I always like to look for this goofy schitt online.

3. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Another one I just found looking around.

A huge leak in a homeowners yard that ruined a corner of turf in one of the parks at an HOA. Took us 6 months of complaining daily for it to be fixed.

[​IMG]

Kiril or any other dork... Why does LS now shrink my photos to the point where you cant see anything?

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Photos are too large; it screws up the whole screen.:hammerhead:

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Get a bigger monitor.

`

You piker.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's not The Point, Oblio.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Sez you, piker.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

That second pic , of Koskmo , can ya hear the neighbor fart or what. Reminds me of when I worked in Callabasas Cali.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately, that is a big culture of building out here. By first house we bought was like that. Tract home subdivision. You can barely get a skid loader between them. And I HATED it. I never went out because I always felt people were watching me. Hated mowing the lawn and the old folks behind me just sat on the deck watching me. I could hear old Mrs. So-and-So coughing up a lung everytime she was out smoking. And I could always SMELL her out there smoking.

But now that you see it, can you tell now why it only takes 5-15 minutes to do a fall blow out :)

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Precisely. The "cookie cutter" building culture was and is still big out west. I was fresh out of college and didnt want to live with my parents any longer than I had to. Nice new job at the PD and a "deal" on that house was all it took.

Makes a great rental today.