Google earth or Local live

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by laborador, Jan 2, 2006.

1. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

I was curious if any of you guys use google earth or local.live.com to view properties to do estimates. If so does this work for you or is it better to just go to the property.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I use something similar in the office. So I pull it up and print it off before I go out. But I still go out... no question there.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I can't get the Google Earth to work on my computer. There is something about it that it won't download the software, or something. I get very vague pictures through it - nothing like I've seen from some of the pictures on here.

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I'm having the same problems. Haven't messed with it for a couple of weeks.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Where do you go on the locallive site? I see categories for aerial photographs, and satellite, but I don't see where exactly to get them. It looks like it is just links to pay sites.

6. laborador

Their is another option besides aerial and satellite view. There is a birds eye view which gives you a view as if you were in a helicopter hubbering above the property. Just put the address above.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Can't find any "Birds eye view" on there. I DO get a bunch of pop-up ads, though.

8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

our county offers the same thing, by address, parcell or just last names....

9. laborador

Make sure you type in local.live.com I think you are typing locallive.com There are two dots after local and live.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yep...that was it. Apparently, nothing is available for the Flint Michigan area, though.