Google plus

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by goinggreen123, Aug 28, 2013.

1. goinggreen123

goinggreen123 LawnSite Member

You guys got any advice on advancing a google plus page up the
    Ranks? My website usually pops on google very well but google plus page sucks. Any advice would be great thanks.

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Tough question to answer...

First- is your G+ a local business page? Is it linked to your website, verified, and merged?

If the answers to above are 'Yes', then you can start looking at optimizing the listing, building citations, and creating local signals to get it ranking in the local 7 pack results.

If any of this is confusing (it's taken me months to figure out) I would suggest checking out the archives of Mike Blumenthal's blog and the forum over at Catalyst E Marketing. Then circle Mark Traphagan of Virante Marketing on G+. That should get you started!

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I am just starting to become more familiar with any effectiveness of Google Plus ...

My main gripe, is that where "content is king" used to reign once, just as things evolved to where we are at today, then Google Plus and whatever other bandwagon Google is trying to steer people to this season, will evidently get trashed down the road.

It's too bad that website owners can't merely focus on an accurate and abundant content ... and leave it with that important essential.

4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

It's Google's world, we just live in it. :rolleyes:

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Only partly.

I'm aware of several company owners I know, now ditching fighting for online rankings, and going back to the proven old-school tools like mailings, etc..

Direct, and targeting exactly the areas they want to service.

I think online is really a great way to network. As long as people are realistic that once it becomes saturated, they have to be realistic about what they can or can't accomplish.

Anyway, I'm going to experiment with options like Google Plus that don't cost me anything, and see what it affects.

6. curtislawncare

curtislawncare LawnSite Member