Google Streetview

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Blue Goose, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

I was messing around Google Street View and found some interesting things...

Our airport job jobsite vault....my truck parked to the right of that Chevy...
    [​IMG]

Our Lake St. Louis job jobsite vault and our Komatsu 400 excavator...
    [​IMG]

Our borrow site for the Lake St. Louis job and our Dae Woo 400 excavator with 20,000 lb. breaker attachment... That's a Bobcat dealership in the background.
    [​IMG]

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the truck drivers I know that do pick ups in Vancouver use the street view to see what they are dealing with when they have to pick up some goods for a customer. They can see if there is a place to back in or park a tractor trailer. I used street view when I was truck shopping I could get some visual references to find the dealer.

Punched in the address where my grandparents used to live to see what the new owner did to the property tore the house down and built condos.

3. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

There is a guy I know, but don't like, who one day sees this white VW bug cruise his neighborhood with black ball on top of roof.......next thing you know, he is on google street!!!!

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That's cool, never knew that was possible.

5. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

well, they cruised by my house and they hav 3 pics of my shop and at least 4 of my house. My shop door is open and all my equipment is in the yard so I must have been doing oil changes or something. And my wife is there working in the kitchen.....On the one hand its kind of neat, and on the other, more exposure than I ever asked for.

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

yeah, makes it easy to case a joint...

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

on google maps street view for the town Elgin, when you go through the stoplight and look at the old restaurant, my boss is walking out of the door and his F250 is setting right there.

8. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Would we find you JR if we search all the goat pastures in Elgin using Google Street?:waving:

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, mhm, cause that'd be the first place you'd find me! :rolleyes:

Me being scared of goats and all.. :laugh:

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, that is kinda scary.