goose repellents?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turf hokie, Feb 21, 2007.

1. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I am looking for an effective goose repellent. Flight control is out since I am in NY and cannot use it on residential turf.
    Can anybody give me some direction. I have only used flight control in the past.
    Thanks

2. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Border Collies work great.

3. turf hokie

I suggested that. But she was offended b/c she already has dogs that just like to eat the droppings and do nothing with the geese.

4. Organic Matters

Organic Matters LawnSite Member

5. Mega

Mega LawnSite Member

Try a air NOISE gun. I think they use them at air-ports. Or a sprinkler which has a motion sensor on it. Good luck.

6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we had geese in our hay fields eating all the new seed we put down...went out one saturday and shot at them with a .22 and they all flew away...went out 2 days later and there was only about 8...shot at them too....since then they haven't been back, and that was last spring so maybe this spring we need to do it again

7. turf hokie

Wish I could. I hear one of the best deterents is a dead goose in the field....

8. turf hokie

Thanks for the responses I will look into Green Guardian. I have options, but was looking for some stuff that others have had good results with.

I have only used flight control and had really good results but NY-lovely- NY wont let me use it on residential turf.

9. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we didnt kill any, my buddy shot at them 5 times with a .22 and i told him if he missed after the 5th shot i was breaking my 300 WSM out of the truck and popping a few, he missed all five shots from 75 yds out and by the time i took aim they had all flown away