Gooseneck landscape / equipment trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plow kid, Feb 3, 2002.

?

is the extra cost for a gooseneck hitch worth it?

1. Yes well worth the $$

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. I would just pull a reg landscape trailer

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. no.. I wouldnt do it

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. go and spend the $500-$700 at a strip club

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. plow kid

plow kid Banned

I am going to purchase a new trailer this year for buisness and personal use, I am looking at a 7' X 16-18' landscaper with a 2' dovetail and a 4' gate but am hung up as to get a tag~along setup or a gooseneck. I would like a gooseneck because they are easier to pull with a heavy load and there is little to no sway at freeway speeds plus it centers all the tounge weight on the center of the axle, a tighter turning radius and just plain easier for a inexperienced person to drive. but no one makes a gooseneck landscape trailer and it will cost $500-$700 to convert one. Will it be worth it? I will be hauling mostly lawn equipment, landscape materials and posably a off road mudding truck on the weekends ~NaTe

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Check out Texas Bragg trailers, there is a dealer in my area and in my opion they are top rate trailers.Ive seen 4or 5 Gooseneck landscape trailers in my area from that dealer and all looked very well built .

3. I have a 20' gooseneck landscaper.
    But my loaded trailer is over 10,000#

Got it from here: http://www.tegtmeyertrailers.com/

I wouldn't recommend a dovetail on a long low trailer.
    #1 It costs a couple feet of deck space.
    #2 The get hung up a lot on driveways etc.

Just order 6' gate and chop them in half.
    The "hinge" is just a pipe inside a pipe.
    What makes this flexible dovetail work is the little stabilizer legs on the section that folds down.
    It's kind of hard to see in the pic but the upper section is suspended with chain. That lets it ride up and over high spots.

traile~1.jpg

4. plow kid

plow kid Banned

oh well, i just threw that idea out.

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i like goosenecks but make sure u got the right towing setup and accessability (sp) is available for ur properties

6. plow kid

plow kid Banned

We got a f-250 and I was thinking gooseneck for weight capacity reasons, just think, 8 yards of sand/ dirt/ mulch,or 4 pallets of pavers, retaining wall stone exc, it would be easier to tow, no sway. I am a jack of all trades, anything that makes me money I will do, so I need a versatle trailer.