1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GooseNeck Vs Bumper Pull

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by whiffyspark, Nov 10, 2013.

1. MesaVerdeLM

MesaVerdeLM LawnSite Member

Seems like you've got it all figured out then.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Just trying to decide on trailer type.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

this company makes good trailers for the money...not that far away from you. http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/

I've had both - one was a 13 ton 24' gooseneck made by Alum-line (weighed about 4500#'s) that I bought from a man in your neck of the woods who used it a handful of times from new hauling show tractors. Paid $7800. Just didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. Always grabbing the 18' 6 ton tag behind more often. The deck size is just about perfect for hauling extra attachments, plus I have the truck bed free.

4. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

A friend just ordered a new skid trailer from them I'll have to check it out. The hitch man quoted me 12k otd for a bit 20 ft 12k and a 14 ft dump sure tracs.

I wonder if Kauffman Would cut me a deal buying two

Its funny how most on here like bumper pulls. Myself included. If you go over to tractorbynet we are "insane" to be bumper pulling anything other than a scut
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

7. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

Ideally have both. U could haul a skid and mini at same time with gooseneck. Saves a lot of time. My opinion, a goose will handle the day to day abuse that larger track machines will give.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Having both would be ideal IMO. And when I add a dump truck I'll add a 20ton deckover also to cover all my bases
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of tractor and batwing are you looking at that will keep you under 10 k ? Our Woods BW 1800 s are over 5500 #s before we fill the tires and add suspension to them . Go to a larger truck and trailer they are cheaper to run over the long hull.

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Towmaster. Ideally a tilt version in my opinion. My tilt was an 2000 and was beat when I got it and then it's hauled at or over capacity all of it's life and still tows great although it looks like Beirut.