Gopher and Quickbooks compatability

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nitro121, Dec 20, 2006.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to order Gopher software for scheduling this winter for my grass business this summer. I looked at past threads and it seems like the best software/easiest/deal for the money, etc.

Do you need Quickbooks Pro or can you use the basic starter software. It doesn't really ex works at intuit here in Virginia so I can get Pro for around 60 bucks and everything else is cheaper. But if I'm not going to use all the features I don't want to eat up my memory on my PC. I just really need to bill customers and cut checks to up to 4 employee's this summer.

I read that these two software packages sync w/ each other and and update each other automatically. Although I really don't know what I'm talking about because I have never used either one.

2. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Sync gopher with QB will take some time and effort. and eventually no matter how good you do it it will eventually generate errors.
    Is not really a sync since they are not QB certified program, they don't have the code to sync automatically.
  3. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Or just get both softwares and not sweat the sync part? I swear I thought I read that on an old post. I'll have to search them again and find out. Should I just get the basic QB edition then?
  4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I would suggest against that cause is very time consuming running to programs.
    I had to do it since I had both myself.
    A better optios is Qxpress which sync perfect with QB since all you need is the scheduling feature I would get the most basic version which I think runs for about $500
  5. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

DOUBLE ditto:weightlifter:
  6. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

The Gopher free trial completely destroyed my Quickbooks and it took forever to un do the mess that program created. I also recommend q-xpress. Works perfect with quickbooks.