gopher basic or groundskeeper lite?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joea27, Dec 12, 2006.

1. joea27

joea27 LawnSite Member

i am looking at buying software for the business so i downloaded the trial version from both companies. From what i have seen groundskeeper seems to be a little easier to function and learn. i do want to spend the least amount of money but i want to get everything i will need, this includes: scheduling, billing, accounting, late fees, expenses, and a few less imortant options (all normal features a lawn company needs to function). which program is most useful?

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using Lawn Pro for the past 4 years its worked great for me and it has all the above that you mentioned and was $50.00

3. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Your going to get different opinions on this. I tried most and went with Gopher. I think it is very easy after you learn it, just like all the rest.

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Gopher is a snap to use.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Gopher also has several "quirks" in their program that are irritating.

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

What have you noticed so far?

7. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

I have not tried gopher yet but i have groundskeeper pro and really like it.

8. joea27

joea27 LawnSite Member

i think i am going to look into lawn pro. if it does all the same stuff and i can get it for $74 i'll probably buy it.

9. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

No spell checker

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Customer Addy Info: You have to jockey around the customer name and information to get it to list and show in the customer file and in the envlope address, somtimes.

Auto Fill: I uncheck the Auto Fill Box, it still fills in all the information automaticly.

Route List: If you have a few ( less than a page full ) names in the top list and want to print thoes names on a piece of paper, you can't. It will print thoes names and whatever is in the next list to fill a page.

Customer List: All past customers show up in the customer list when creating a Route List even thou you have some marked as " inactive".

A/R Report: I always have one customer listed that has a zero ballance.

Program Settings: Issue with tax setting. I do work in MA. and CT., have to pay special attention to CT. entreys.

I'm not a computer person and this program is cheaper than others. Maybe its not designed to do things in a simple fashion as I see them.