1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gopher, Clip, Quickbooks? what do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CelticGreens, Feb 28, 2005.

1. CelticGreens

CelticGreens LawnSite Member

I used quickbooks, but found it extremely intricate and didn't want to be hassled during my first season last year, I've downloaded Gopher and love it, should be a real help this season. What do you guys use?? why? what are the plus' and minus' of all of them overall???
  2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I use Gopher Basic. It does pretty much everything I need it to do...scheduling, invoices, customer data, estimates. Not a bad price either.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

quickbooks pro 2005, with Qxpress
  4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Quickbooks Pro 05'. I just started using it and I can guarantee it will be 100% faster and more efficient than spreadsheets. It is easy to learn also.
  5. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

i use gopher basic also and for the price it a good deal. There are some things about it that need minor work.
  6. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

QuickBooks Pro 2005 also.
  7. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Quick Books Pro 2005 & also purchased Quick Books Customer Manager
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi CelticGreens, lawnprosteveo and All Lawns & Landcare,

Thanks ! :)
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have used Lawn Monkey for the last couple years. The program I like...the cost of the upgrades I don't. I have recently messed around with Gopher. Since I have used LM for 2 years, it's a little easier for me to navigate around. Both seem to appear to have the basic same functions.

If I had to do it all over again, I would take a strong look Gopher, mainly because of the functionability for the money.

Just curious...can you pull up "user defined list"? Say you want to look for all customers that spent more than $99 on just aeration and within a certain time frame. Can you narrow seaches down like this and then save the list? And then take that list and have it print out different fields....say client name, address, status, sq ft of property (just to give an example of a few)? Not asking how...just would like to know if you can do this with the Gopher software.

10. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Something D, just wondering why you would use Customer Manager when QBPro has customer tracking ability? Are there more features?