Gopher? Groundskeeper Pro?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nherweck, Jul 8, 2006.

1. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure this has already been posted...but I couldn't find anything worth reading by using the Search tool.
    ---
    I've recently picked up a few more clients, and honestly, using Quick-Invoice takes WAY too long to imput new invoices every week for every client. I'm looking to purchase software aimed at lawn care/landscaping companies. I've demoed Gopher and Groundskeeper Pro; and I like both very much. I REALLY like the fact that Gopher is a member of LawnSite and answers any questions/comments within a reasonable amount of time.

What do you guys use and why did you choose that software over another product?

2. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'd suggest Gopher all the way, however I've never used the other one you mentioned. When I like something that does everything I need I just stick with it. Gopher has tremendous support, and it's a breeze to use.

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey Nick, you can download and demo both products to see which one works best for you. I demo'd both and decided Gopher would suit me the best, and so far it has been a very good program. Only drawback is backing up the data...very poor in that category if you ask me. But I haven't run the 2006 updates yet so maybe they've changed that process...I hope at least. Other then that, it's a good program and their support is pretty decent.

Good luck.

Buck

4. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

I think I may end up going with Gopher in the long run as I just contacted them to ask for an extension of the demo, and they said that wouldn't be a problem. With a company that'll help you out that much...they have to be good. I'll think about it more...so keep sending in your comments, THANKS!

5. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I tested out both.

Groundskeeper Pro i didnt really like same to Blizzard buster. I thought it was just a lot of work to get not alot of information stored. There was like a whole icon for like everything. I am right now using "My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe" i got it @ Staples for $20.00 on sale! It works for now but im expanding greatly and then we just got DSL so i downloaded Gopher, Oh god i am getting it! Its awesome and i too like Team Gopher is a lawn site member and Gopher i can also keep track of my expenses, Equipment (BIG +), and all my customers and it does like how much i charge. I think im going to get Pro bc then i can keep track of my equipment and when i get my commercial pesticides license keep track of that info. I am going to be purchasing Gopher Proboably b4 next season and start using it @ the beginning of next season. Hope This Helps!:weightlifter: -Mitch-

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I currently use Gopher, in the past I had used Clip...both are good programs, I switched really due to price, I had to upgrade Clip to accomodate more customers in the database and it was going to be another $900...Gopher I believe was $400 for their top software. I think it's really good especially for a company that does mowing mainly.

7. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Clip has a horrible user interface, also its pretty difficult to use. I have used lawn monkey that was pretty darn good.

I now think I am going to switch to quickbooks and qxpress which gets great reviews. I have to look into it a bit more however.

Good luck!