Gopher or quickbooks

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ubirajara83, Feb 26, 2007.

1. ubirajara83

ubirajara83 LawnSite Member

Which one would you guys go with for software? Let me know y and the benefits you had. Thanks

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i use groundskeeper pro (www.adkad.com) you can download a trial version to try out. it does billing, routing, scheduling, estimating, payroll etc. etc.

works very well i have had no problems with te program at all and have been using itfor 4 years.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I am a solo lco. I tried Gopher out and I liked it. I bought QB Simple Start and like it. Gopher might be a little better than Simple Start, but for me, right now, Simple Start is all I need and it was only $80...versus Gopher $300.

4. Mow It All llc

Mow It All llc LawnSite Member

I use QuickBooks pro.....I like it cause it does my tax's, payroll, full reports, billing, credit card's, expense reports, reports of anykind, and really anything else you could need.

5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Just an update for anyone who doesn't know. Gopher basic is only $100 now for a limited time!

6. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

That is the reason why I bought my Quick Books Pro. Its a very simple program to use.

7. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

GOPHER! It tracks scheduling, billing, chemical use, inventory, hours on equipment, etc. Just depends uon which version you want and what you want to track. Try it for free!!! Click the link!

8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I use Gopher for scheduling and invoicing and QuickBooks Pro for accounting. If I was going to choose one or the other it would have to be QuickBooks because It will do everything needed but scheduling. To me the accounting aspect is a must and if needed I can live without scheduling software.

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i also use QB and like everyone else says it does everything. For scheduling i use a 2'x4' dry eraser board