1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gopher Question.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DSLND, Sep 6, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, quick question. I run QuickBooks for all of my billing, but i would like something for scheduling. Can you just get a program from Gopher that does scheduling? -Mitch-
  2. mphillips4739

mphillips4739 LawnSite Member

I have the Basic Edition, and it allows you to schedule. You just enter the 1st visit and tell it how often to reschedule and when to stop service. Very simple yet effective. It is also easy to delete future visits if needed (it asks if you want to delete just that date or all future dates). The basic allows you to schedule, set routes, and of course bill (keeps track of payments and receivables too). I like the program a lot. Very easy to use.
  3. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

How much did it cost you? I only need a routing software, not billing but i may just get the Basic Version. -Mitch-
  4. mphillips4739

I have had it for a few years, so I don't remember how much I paid, but it looks like it is $99 right now. May be a little more than you want to spend for scheduling only.:confused:
  5. mphillips4739

Here is Gopher's website.

When I bought it they had a free trial download. Check it out and see if they still offer the trial. It would be an easy way to decide if it is worth the money to you.:clapping:
  6. check out qxpress.com
    they work great with quickbooks
  7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Just get the basic gopher. The add on's for the preimum or more expensive packages are a joke. Their expenses tracking is a joke. Just get it for scheduling and use quickbooks for the hard numbers. Gopher is kind of slacking so i'm glad I use it for the simple scheduling.
  8. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

gopher is old no upgrades to many issues with the software last upgrade was 5 years ago who wants to buy software from a co. like that?