gopher software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by git-r-done, Jan 8, 2007.

1. git-r-done

git-r-done LawnSite Member

befor I go out and buy it . has anyone ever used this sorfware ? is it worth the $$$$ ,and are there any stores that I can buy this item at.:waving:
  2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I am also looking to buy it soon. From there sight it looked good to me. What does every one think about it?
  3. HydroCutter

HydroCutter LawnSite Member

I have it and use it..any questions just ask...
    It gets the job done, I don't like the way it handles past due invoices..that's pretty much my only complaint..

4. lawn guy

lawn guy LawnSite Member

They rarely ever update and if you mention that fact on the help board your post is promptly removed. I guess i'm not the only one complaining because they had a wish list section on the board that was also removed. the interface is hard to navigate, if you have to contact a customer about late payment the balance is on one page and the ph # is on another and the payment history is on another. just alot of that kind of thing I'd say try somthing else
  5. git-r-done

thanks for the info.
  6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I tough I was the only one having this problem, even here on lawnsite once I posted a comment abou it and it got deleted.

I did use gopher up to 2 years ago, it was a nice easy to use and friendly program but as my business started to increase so the needs for many updates.
    My real problem with gopher is that they keep spending an enormus amount of time promoting their program on many forums related to the industry, which is not bad actually but the fact that you have a program that hasn't have a major update since 2000 (new features), a QB integration that causes more problems then what it's worth, a palm module that took 4 years in the making and keeps being on beta mode for almost 2 years now cause it still not working same as the lawn mail feature that it's a great idea but still not working after many season.

They had a real nice idea coming up with the forum so people could post their wishes to improve the program but they have no implemented one as Lawn Guy said it they took down the wish list section of their forum.

And like I said before yet they waste their time coming up with new projects that have nothing to do with their program.
    Like the radio thing, the brochure contest, the tv series (the pavers video, what a joke).

I wouldn't recommend gopher to anyone that is serious about running a business and needs information to help in the process.
  7. lawn guy

lawn guy LawnSite Member

I could not have said it better myself! The thing that gets me is that I now have all my cust info, Hist Ect. in this Clunky Database and to change to a new program would be a time consuming task. (My Bad Luck) When you start using Gopher all seems well, Then after a period of a few weeks you begin to see the flaws. By then its to late because you already spent a ton of time loading your info into database so you deal with it.
    Dont even get me started on the palm pilot that I spent $200 for, only to find that it would not be updated for 2 years (and Still Waiting)
    Here is just on example of how gopher does business. Its Jan 2005 you have all customers loaded and scheduled through Dec 2005. Nov 2005 rolls around and you start to think, wow, now I have to schedule all of my customers for 2006, because 2006 is blank. wait not to worry Gopher is coming out with a mass reschedule feature so just wait for it. And sure enough the feature was created but the update was not avail until JAN 15 2006. HELLO! about 2 weeks too late by my Calender.
    I bet there are alot of people with similar complaints but they get censored on the Gopher website

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I use Gopher is pretty good for the price. It does have some little quirks as compared to Clip which I used previously.

What are you guys doing with it?? I mean if you just do mowing/maintenance...I just schedule the jobs, put in the payments, print the bills, etc. It's not rocket science just keep it simple...
  9. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Try lawnpro, its pretty easy and alot cheaper. I use it and really like it. Its has a nice estimating section also.

Im not selling, just promoting it, since I was the first to receive it.
  10. git-r-done

just using it for my lawncare/maint business. any info helps me out thank you.