1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

gopher software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Feb 21, 2007.

Hello! I'm new to lawnsite. My name is Jason Kingsbury and i'm the owner of Kingsbury Landscape and Design LLC based in New Hampshire. I have been looking into some software to make running my business a bit easier and was wondering everyones thoughts on gopher software? Or are there any other easier ways to keep track of things?
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Everyone has their preference. We use gopher and actually like it. I believe that they offer a trial offer. Give it a shot see what you think.:)
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I really wish they would actually work on UPDATING there software instead of those imo, stupid videos they have. I need functionality in there program, not some video!

4. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I looked @ gopher and chose Qxpress. Just liked it better for me.
  5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Gopher is a piece of cake to run and its way less expensive then a program like CLIP.

Give it a shot.
  6. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I use excel and made a workbook. Its setup how I like things and I can email invoices or estimates with the click of a button, view history of payments or work done, import to a list the weeks cutting customers with a click of a button, and so on. It is so easy to use once you figure out the macros and etc.. I can send you an example if you have Excel 2000+.
  7. EDEN77

EDEN77 LawnSite Member

I just downloaded Microsoft Accounting Express 2007 for free from Microsoft's website. It's enough software that you could run a small country with it. Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to really know how to use it yet. I use Excel and tailor-make everything I need for my business. I asked my accountant about business software. After I told him I use Excel, he told me I don't need to buy anything else. If you want to try Microsoft's program, download it free from their website.

I have Excel 2003 and would love an example :)
  9. go to nebs.com there out of massachusetts they have a program for 35 bucks and you can order all the forms as well i tried gopher and groundskeeper imo nebs is perfect
  10. MRMelton

MRMelton LawnSite Member

I've been using Gopher for a couple of years. I've been really happy with it.