Gopher vs Groundskeepers Pro

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Tommy Boy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy LawnSite Member

I have and use Gopher, I'm looking for reasons to change to Groundkeeper pro. I welcome you comments and opinions.

2. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I use Gopher, and if it does all I need I see no need to look into other software.

I think GroundKepper Pro is a whole lot more.

3. Contract Spot

Contract Spot LawnSite Member

Well, I think you need to check out ContractSpot.com before you make any decision.

We are web-based, simple to use, constantly releasing new features, allow you to accept multiple payment options (credit card, paper-check, e-check or Paypal) and we are just super cool... :weightlifter:

On a side note TommyBoy... your website link in your signature is not working.

4. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a business management software package that can track service, chemical, employees, expenses etc. Contract Spot is not an all inclusive program for small to medium landscape operators looking to manage everthing in one package. The cost is $14.00 per month, Gopher Pro is $99.00 one time Gopher will not do credit cards, but Groundkeeper Pro is $399.99 again you own it.

Might be a great site but I'm still looking...

5. vanderbilt

vanderbilt LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

I recently tried groundkeeper pro and I really like the estimate part. It has saved me countless hours on 6 estimates and I feel that the estimates are more accurate. Haven't tried the schelduling part yet but it looks ok. I have clip and have been using it for years but recently they have been catering to big operations and increased charges - $80.00 per month can you believe it! Anyways you can try a free download for the trial version and give it a try. I recommend it.

6. Contract Spot

Contract Spot LawnSite Member

Yeah, we understand that we are not for everyone... and we are definitely not a software.

We are a web-based company and believe in the power of real-time information and updates.

We think that contractors should be able to build a quote or invoice from anywhere and immediately see when their customer has viewed, approved or paid it. And since we are constantly coming out with new features, we want our pros to always have the latest and greatest tools.

Eventually, we may walk towards becoming an All-In-One solution... but for now we are definitely just focusing on Quotes, Invoices and Payments.

ohh... and BTW... keep in mind that it is free to try us out and manage up to 3 customers. And, if you click here, its only $9 per month when you upgrade.

Thanks for checking us and good luck with your decision.