Gopher vs. LawnPro

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Shuter, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the process of upgrading my computer. I am looking for a better software system to use. I now (and for the past 8 years) use Proventure for invoicing. I have narrowed it down to Gopher and LawnPro. I am looking for any thoughts and comments for these 2.

2. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Me too. I've used the free trail of gopher and liked the general set up. No trial for lawn pro though. Any thoughts??

3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have gopher pro. It works for me...but they haven't upgraded, since 2004 if memory serves me correct. It is reported that it doesn't work with windows vista.

Good luck, Tony

4. ffemtmcd

Maybe this is just on basic, but I used Gopher 2006 for the trial. Same thing ?

5. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I have gopher software and love it. I got a free trial from lawnpro and never loaded it after trying gopher.

6. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

i have lawnpro and i love it does pretty much anything i could ever want it too do from expenses, markups, employees, calendars, routes, anything and they have updates very often

7. ffemtmcd

Shark - how did you get lawn pro trial? I checked their site and couldn't find anything as far as trial

8. mjlcare

mjlcare LawnSite Member

i can give you the guys email if youll pm very nice guy and hell get back to you shortly

9. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry bro! I just double checked and i put my foot in my mouth...The other free trial cd i got wasn't lawn pro it was grounds keeper pro. sorry for the confusion..

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Im getting rid of my gopher and going to groundskeeper this summer.

Gopher is just not cutting it. Its to pedestrian and there are to many glitches.