Gopher vs Lawnpro

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by YardKeeper08, May 6, 2008.

1. YardKeeper08

YardKeeper08 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Anyone have anything to share about these programs?
    Pros/ Cons:confused:

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

I've never used lawnpro, but I downloaded the free trial of gopher and have been using it. I'm not overly impressed with it. The invoices and estimates it prints look very unprofessional and not very thought out to me. And the whole software program looks like it was made in someones basement. It works, but I'm just not that impressed.

I'm going to have to look into this lawnpro program though. Looks nice, especially for the price. I'm not sure about other services though.

3. ezgoer1969

ezgoer1969 LawnSite Member

I have just started using lawnpro. Not bad. Only problem so far I am having is after the mow today accounts are checked as completed, I wish there was a screen for showing accounts needing to be invoiced instead of going into each customer and pulling up mow history to create invoice. I bill bi-weekly so it makes it much harder to track.

4. YardKeeper08

from Iowa

ezgoer1969:

How do the invoices and estimates look in Lawnpro? Does the program look overall look and run professional? Could you post a sample of each? I know so many questions but I'm really thinking about buying it. Things are starting to get a little hard to track for me and keep a good schedule going with timely billing and estimates. Also do you know if they have a trial version of Lawnpro?

Thanks

5. ezgoer1969

Not trial versian that I saw. Invoices are prof. looking and I like the multiple service dates on each invoice. I am still learning the software. But as far as scheduling, if set up for repeat once you complete each customer in the lawns to mow today section, it will automatically set next apt. The need to invoice customer is the hardest to track. I invoice some every mow, bi-weekly or monthly. There is not a screen to go to and see who has been completed and waiting to be invoiced. I am going to try the contract section today. It may work that way in that section. I like the simplified expense section also. I will try to post a screen shot later on invoice if I can.

6. CuttingEdge LLC

CuttingEdge LLC LawnSite Member

with the LawnPro it will automatically let you know when someone needs to be invoiced...If you are doing bi-weekly you set them up as monthly no contract and 14 days between cuts , and after the second one it will let you know customers to be invoiced, and so on. Then you click on the customer and an invoice has been generated...

7. ezgoer1969

Not to steal thread, but do I put my customers under contract even thought not on a contract? I only put them under customers but without contract. I looked under the contract section, but did not see how that would work. Please let me know, to the point I hate spending time figuring out who needs invoiced and worry if I missed any. I like the email invoice option. Quick...

8. YardKeeper08

from Iowa

Well looks like I'm going to buy Lawnpro then.

9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

My gopher trial is up in 3 more days. Looks like I'm going to buy lawnpro as well. Around 100$ cheaper too.

10. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

I just started using LawnPro and so far I like it, but I'm not sure what you are saying here. Where are you setting this up to get reminders?