gopher wont run on xp

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by befnme, Oct 12, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

everytime i d.load gopher and try to run it i get " not suitable for msdos " and a botton to either close or ignore. wich ever one you push the box dissapears and gopher is not installed. any help is appreciated.

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

no probs here. disable antivirus and try... or redownload. ask gopher on here or call. they always been helpful for me.

3. cookedonphonics

cookedonphonics LawnSite Member

Is this the message?

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

[Close] [Ignore]

If it is, try this:

Go to the C:\Windows\Repair folder and copy the autoexec.nt file from there to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

If that doesn't work, let me know.... I have another potential solution but it's a little more complicated so we should try this first. :)

4. befnme

it says not to mess with the files in windows\system32 .
    what will putting this file there do ?

5. cookedonphonics

That message you saw was just to keep you from playing around in there when you shouldn't be in there...lol just click "show contents of this folder" and it will open the folder up.

What it will do is replace your possibly corrupted autoexec.nt file with a clean (good) one. Nothing that will do any kind of damage to your computer. If you are uneasy about trying this, you should PM the Gopher rep on here (he pops in pretty often, not sure of his name though).

I had the same problem a few weeks back when I tried to install Gopher and this worked for me. Just trying to help...

6. befnme

7. cookedonphonics

Anytime. :waving:

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

hmmmm i would say contact gopher as they might know the answer.

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi befnme,

Is it still giving you the error? If so email us, support@gophersoftware.com

Thanks everyone for helping out too. We appreciate it.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>