1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Thinking about trying this, this year. One product for everything ( sedge, CG, broad leafs) Whats the word here? ANy field results?
    -Jay

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Shades,
    I had good luck with a sample. But the use rate is rather high 3 to 4 ounces per 1000 sqft. Which makes the price per thousand a little high. If you can't tell a broadleaf from crabgrass--fine. Myself I prefer one hand sprayer for crabgrass (Drive)--and a different one for broadleafs. Use both--if needed.

One problem, Drive tends to settle out. I hate that you cannot keep it in suspension. A positive note--Drive is great on Veronica and bindweed.

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds good, obviously i can tell the difference between the two. Just looking for simplicity. Trimec pluc covers all of these weeds, but it's to hot for my liking and you have to hit the CG multiple times for complete knockdown. Last year i had a backpack for broadleafs, 1 for CG, 1 for sedges,and one for non selective. So you can see why consolidating 3 /4 would be enticing.
    -Jay

4. jkranium

jkranium LawnSite Member

It worked great on the crabgrass and I had about 50% control on nutsedge I am going to try a different sticker this year to see if it helps...but it is way too expensive to use on general broadleafs

5. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Worked great on crabgrass with 3-4 week pre emergant effects as well, so the label says. Make sure you don't spray too close to seeding time. As mentioned, not very cost effective to spray large areas of broadleaf as it is 3x as expensive per k. For nutsedge I would still use Manage, as it is not as effective. A great product though, will be using it again in 07.