Gorilla Lift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DaughtryLC, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Is it worth the $?
    I added a ft to my gate over the winter and it gets alittle heavy after lunch!!:rolleyes:

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, its worth the $$. I'm 58 years old, run solo, and that tail gate was getting awlful heavy at the end of the day!! You and your back will be jumping for joy!! I now lift the tail gate with my toe up to my hand and flip it up to the verticle position with no effort.!!

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Ditto. Works great.

4. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Dont get it. We bought it and after it was installed I realized what it is. If I had to do it again I would just go to home depot and get some big springs and some cable and make one myself for 75% less. All it consists of are those big garage door springs and some cable.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

To me, that would look sloppy. How will you mount the springs on the trailer?

6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

What do they run $$?

7. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

Yup...just make it yourself. Alot less money and it's the same thing.

8. redfox033

redfox033 LawnSite Member

I mad my own for about $25.00 and they look ok. I don't know how to put pics online, but if you give me your email address I can send you pics.

9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I went ahead and ordered a set, dont have time to make them!, ebay at the door for less than 200, new

10. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

I made one a few years ago, and it worked good untill I added a foot to my gate and I couldn't get heaver springs to lift it as easily, and for what you will spend on everything to make it you might as well buy one. I bought one this year and it is nicer than a homemade one got mine for $169 with free shipping.