1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gorilla Lift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DaughtryLC, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Is it worth the $?
    I added a ft to my gate over the winter and it gets alittle heavy after lunch!!:rolleyes:

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, its worth the $$. I'm 58 years old, run solo, and that tail gate was getting awlful heavy at the end of the day!! You and your back will be jumping for joy!! I now lift the tail gate with my toe up to my hand and flip it up to the verticle position with no effort.!!

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Ditto. Works great.

4. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Dont get it. We bought it and after it was installed I realized what it is. If I had to do it again I would just go to home depot and get some big springs and some cable and make one myself for 75% less. All it consists of are those big garage door springs and some cable.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

To me, that would look sloppy. How will you mount the springs on the trailer?

6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

What do they run $$?

7. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

Yup...just make it yourself. Alot less money and it's the same thing.

8. redfox033

redfox033 LawnSite Member

I mad my own for about $25.00 and they look ok. I don't know how to put pics online, but if you give me your email address I can send you pics.

9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I went ahead and ordered a set, dont have time to make them!, ebay at the door for less than 200, new

10. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

I made one a few years ago, and it worked good untill I added a foot to my gate and I couldn't get heaver springs to lift it as easily, and for what you will spend on everything to make it you might as well buy one. I bought one this year and it is nicer than a homemade one got mine for $169 with free shipping.