goslide/reverse

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Feb 25, 2008.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I recently bought a goslide for my Ferris 52" wb. I was wondering if it would work in reverse, so I tested it in my garage and it works in reverse great. I was just wondering if anyone uses this model and uses it in reverse in the grass and how well it does, I can't test as there is too much snow on the ground. I know the proslide can't go in reverse because it folds up, but the goslide is fixed.

2. touhey33

bump bump bump

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well I'll bite. What's a "goslide"? I thought you were meaning PROslide until I got to the last line where you compared the two... Do you have a link to them anywhere? Price? And I thought the proslide would work in any direction, if you wanted it to go up you just step off...

4. touhey33

The Goslide is made by the company that makes the proslide. The Goslide is basically the same thing, but doesn't retract up automatically, it does fold up out of the way though and comes with a chain. I'll post pictures of mine in a couple of days. The cost is only $159 vrs. $400 for the proslide.

5. touhey33

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

oops, waited too long to post back..

Ok, I decided to google it... I see that it's the little brother to the expensive Proslide! Whats the cost? I'm looking for a good light sulkey for my 48" great dane, and I'm not really thrilled with the trailering types because of jacknifing, and the castering one that came with the machine is really too heavy for it to swing around easily...

Ok, you answered the questions! Thanks! I may be ordering one of these!

7. touhey33

Here are some pics of the Goslide, as well as my new Ferris DD walkbehind.

000_0586.jpg

000_0587.jpg

000_0588.jpg

000_0589.jpg

000_0590.jpg

8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i have the proslide on my rich mfg convertible mower works great forward or reverse had problems with the spring actuator but they have been replacing at no charge. the only reason were having problem is because when it is stored and were going 13 mph i don't think it can handle the bumps that fast.