goslide users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curry, Feb 13, 2008.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

I read some threads last year about the goslide but nobody seemed to have tried one. One year later and I ask the same question, Has anyone tried it yet? My proslide has seen better days and was thinking about getting a new one. Price is pretty high though. I only use my Toro 36" on a couple of yards a week so I dont think it would be a big issue that the goslide doesnt retract(I hardly ever step off once I get started).

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of it. At $159.95 it's pretty inexpensive I think. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than the ProSlide XT at $399.95

3. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Demo-ed one! works good but im a big man so I dont want to damage any of my lawns. Hope someone else can help you! The one I tried did retract up it was on a husky!

4. curry

curry LawnSite Member

My proslide is great. Ive been using it for 5 years now. I just wonder exactly how you fold the goslide and how it stays up. The sight only has a video of the proslide, not the goslide.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we used to use proslides before we got standers, i loved them and they do lay the grass down to make darker stripes so make sure you change mowing directions often. i would think the go slide would get in the way, imo

6. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

I use the goslide and it works great. I have had a proslide in the past but like yours it had seen better day. It doesn't retract up nicely like the goslide, but it does fold up, it comes with a chain and a clip to hold it up when not in use but I prefer to use a $3.00 rubber bungee cord. For the price it can't be beat. The only gripe I have is that I loose the clips that attach to the hinges, but I am sure there is a replacement clip that won't come off with heavy use, so far I have just bought more of the same clips locally for a couple of bucks.

7. Excursion12

Excursion12 LawnSite Member

Curry

Is the weather in texas so nice that you are still mowing?

8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

we bought one this year the actulater keeps breaking but works well.

9. curry

curry LawnSite Member

EXCURSION, no Im not mowing yet. Weather has been in the 60s and I can see some green grass trying to come up but not yet. Im planning for next month. Bought a Toro 52"Z , had to replace my engine on the Toro 36"(at $1100, ouch) and decided I might as well and get another trimmer since Ive spent this much money already.