Got 6 grand saved. now what?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Feb 8, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

What walkbehind should i buy with my $6000 and why? give me pros and cons of the ones you've owned or demo'ed. i'm not interested in mini z's or anything used. i want a new hydro. thanks for your input.

randy.

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wright Stander.....no need to explain justification....

3. lawnwizards

your post doesnt help if you dont tell me what the pros and cons are. can the stander handle hills well?

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of accounts are you servicing ?? Deck size needed ? are you looking to drop the entire 6 G's ? ..I would lean to a BOP product or Exmark TT ...depending on types of accounts...ie...postage stamp lawns or huge acreage.

5. lawnwizards

a 48-52" would be ideal. it needs to handle hills well. it will be used on around 30ish accounts ranging from 4k to 6 acres. only 1 account has sprinklers. like to cut around 3". anything else you need? :waving:

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Don't understand whay you want a WB if your doing 6 acrea lots? Unless you only have 1 of these accounts. WB - get a stander toro or wright. Holds the hills well and ease in and out of places.

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

I say an Exmark...but that's a personnal pref. You need to DEMO DEMO AND DEMO some more to get the feel for these machines. 4 to 6 acres. Why not a Z?

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Find a mower that you can finance at zero percent for 2 years (Sheffield will do it most likely) and put your $6,000 in the bank and collect interest.

Even if you keep $2,000 in a checking account to pay the payments before mowing season and put the other $4,000 in the bank, at least you'll earn interest.

9. BUCKEYE MOWING

another great suggestion. Save your capitol.

10. lawnwizards

well, i bought a simplicity champion just for the 6 acre job. i'm a little bit embarrassed to say this but i never got the hang of going on hills with that thing. i'm short tempered and got frusterated so now i want a wb again. i have a belt drive bobcat classic but i want something hydro. oh yea, that simplicty is for sale if anyone is interested. 3200. pm me.