Got a Big Dog today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by goodgreen, May 6, 2011.

1. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

2. rodzilla94

rodzilla94 LawnSite Member

congrats on the purchase of the big dog bro:clapping:

3. toolmaster

toolmaster LawnSite Member

Man...what a load. I too just picked up that same mower, and I wanted it in the kawasaki. My dealer said it didn't come with one - so I contacted the big dog sales rep for our area who said they weren't shipping them with kawasaki engines until the fall. Hoodwinked.

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

any pics of this mower? The pics on their website suck!

5. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

Big Dog is marketed by Hustler they are both owned by Excel. I think they are probably the same mowers except for the color. Does anybody know the model breakdown. As in which Bigdog would be a Hustler Z or a Mini Z. I also saw a walk behind on the BigDog website that looked like a Trimstar. I am really interested in that mower. Congratulations on the new mower.

6. toolmaster

Aside from a few trim pieces, the big dog C142 looks to be the exact mower as the Hustler Sport 42 at pretty much the same price point. I don't know about the Hustler Z though.

7. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I just called the three closest dealers listed on the Big Dog website and all three said they no longer sold Big Dog. I wonder why?

8. toolmaster

I guess time will tell.

9. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

that engine should last a whilee!

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Who did you buy from? I know B&B trucking in Byron Center sells them, but they are the closest one.

I'm interested to see how well it works for you. I just can't get myself to buy something that isn't JD again. B&B has offered me a demo of the Big Dog mowers, but I haven't taken them up on the offer yet.